Re: [RC] leaving late problems with it - Truman Prevatt

My friend you hit the nail its pumpkin head. You don't want to leave with the front runners unless you want to be a front runner - most horses want to be front runners. On the other hand a lot of people want to leave "last" because their horse is an idiot and they want to leave last. However, the horse being an idiot will try to catch and pass everyone (with his eyes bugged half way out of his head only to be matched by the riders eyes being half way bugged out of his head because he worried his horse is going to kill him/her) that is in front of him you will probably be one of them and it might not be pretty.

The solution is to leave with about 5 minutes after the front runners with the sane horses and sane riders who are out there to run in the middle ;-) .

Truman

Sheila_Larsen@xxxxxxx wrote:
Although I have not experienced this at  50s because I haven't done those
in awhile, but the problem I have had leaving late on LDs is trying to get
all the other people who want to leave late to leave before me.  Here you
have a bunch of LD riders milling around saying:  you go; no that's all
right - you go I'll wait;  oh I wanted to leave last; no I wanted to leave
last.  I am sure that one day there will be a battle at the start line with
every one squirting their water bottles at each other trying to get the
other horse down the trail first.  So much for "hot shoe" LDers.  :  )

“Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it.”  Mark Twain

--
"There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong

"There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong." H. L. Mencken