[RC] homes for free horses...maybe not so great - Joy Mahler

  I have a personal mission and am asking others to help if they want = to.

I am trying to give as many people as I can a heads up about an = individual who answers free ads. I know that often times STB's are indeed free...so = I am asking that you please pass the word to warn trainers, owners, etc., that you know, to please beware of a man named Wilbur McCaul, Misfit = Farm, Jefferson, Maine. There was a post on the BB about him that got quite heated. I have done my own investigating of this indivdual who posts an = ad in Uncle Henry's saying he will take your unwanted horses and find them good homes. He also calls himself a "rehab/rescue". He is plain and = simple an inexperienced horse dealer who also ships to Canada.=EF=BF=BD I spoke = with someone who he approached about hiring to drive the truck to Canada as = he can't cross the border due to being a felon. I have also spoken to my = vet and a real rescue here and they are aware of him.

So if you feel comfortable giving people a heads up...PLEASE let people know about this guy. He is not truthful about what he is and will at = times bring his 2 young daughters with him and pose as a happy family come to take your unwanted horse and give it a good home. He will travel all = over New England looking for free/cheap horses.

I have also warned Christi at Ac4h as he was looking to get some horses there as well.

The more people who know about him the better off the horses will be.

Thank you to all who feel they can help.

Thank you,

Faith Woodbine

Assistant to Director

Facilities and Operation