[RC] The horse IS in charge (was: Why would somebody do this?) - k s swigart

From: Sandy Adams sandydsa@xxxxxxx

?I don't like the horse being in charge:). I will go ride one
?who lets ME choose...

When you are sitting on a horse's back the horse IS in charge.? As long as you
stay on the horse's back, you are gonna go where the horse wants to go, and you
are gonna go there exactly how fast the horse wants to go there.

There are some (actually mostly all of them) that will LET (emphasis on let)
the rider choose, but since it is "letting," make no mistake, the horse is
still in charge.? If the horse changes its mind about letting you choose, there
is pretty much nothing you can do about that...other that to try to change its
mind back...or to get off.

But until you get off, you are going where the horse is going.? And the horse
is going where it wants to go.? All a rider can do is change what a horse
wants; it is the horse that has to change what the horse does.?

No matter how small the mind of a horse, it DOES have one of its own, so unless
you, letterally,?knock a horse off of its feet, its feet are going where the
mind of the horse chooses.? The body of the horse is going where the feet are
going, and the rider on its back is going where the horse's body is going.

Most horses are pretty cooperative and so can deceive us into thinking that we
are in charge...but really....it is an illusion.

Although I do agree that totally uncooperative horses have little place at
group events...and since the rider can choose not to bring such a horse to the
event in the first place, maybe it IS the person who is ultimately in charge.

Personally, I prefer to think of it as a two-way street.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)