[RC] the finish of Al-Andalus! - Merri Melde

Saturday April 4 2009 - Final Day 8: Montoro - Virgen de la Cabeza
?
What a finish to a challenging ride: 77 km and 388 meters (1300') of climbing, ending below the 13th century Santuario de la Virgen de la Cabeza.

37 of 42 horses completed the day's ride; 5 Binomios horses (1 horse, 1 rider) of 20 completed all 8 days, and 3 Equipos (teams: 1 rider and 2 horses, or 2 riders and 2 horses) of 22 completed all 8 days.

Overall Biomios winner was Eduardo Sanchez Hidalgo, on 16-year-old Hermes - what a horse! Overall Equipos winners were Inigo Del Solar LLanso on Zafia 50% and his 14-year-old niece Teresa Lozano Muguiro on Cardhu.

The huge dinner and awards party started late, went even later, and I think the dancing and party is still going on.

Another amazing year in the books of Tierras de-Al Andalus, the unique endurance ride across Andalucia!

coverage, many photos to come... but still so much travelling to do! (I'm resorting to working during everybody else's Siestas : )

2009 Tierras de-Al Andalus on endurance.net

--
www.endurance.net/merri
www.TheEquestrianVagabond.com