From: ApHC [mailto:newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 2:13 PM
To: broughton57
Subject: Assistance Needed Placing 80 Appaloosas

Dear ApHC members

The ApHC was contacted by the National Humane Society (Leanne McCollum 615-734-9537 leannemccollum@xxxxxxxx) regarding a family in TN that has fallen on some hard times and needs assistance placing their 80 Appaloosas.

As I understand it, the TN Humane Society has been working with the family to find homes and to provide food. The National Humane Society has arranged for a 1 ton hay drop this week, but ultimately the family is needs to place the horses.

I realize that we are all under financial strain these days, but I am calling on you to contact the representative I mentioned above to see if you can offer any assistance from transportation, feed, farrier services, a temporary home, a donation or adoption.

If you know of anyone who might be able to offer assistance please provide them the contact information listed above.

Thank you for your support of this wonderful breed and for creating a great family and community organization!

Best Regards,

Merida McClanahan
Director of Marketing
Appaloosa Horse Club