[RC] Cuyama - Carey Brock

Dave and Annie Nicholson put on another fantastic XP ride at Cuyama. I rode my young horse RAR Reyno Star. This was his first ever endurance event. The Cuyama ride proved to be the perfect venue to start a young stallion. Dave’s philosophy about the ride being a long trail ride and not a race meant that we had several easy going trail partners. Mari Cunningham and Lori Bertolcucci kept us company. As always, the trail that Dave establishes for each ride is a perfect schooling ground for a young horse. Most is easy, comfortable footing. But, there is just enough technical miles to teach a young horse to think and move carefully. Finally, Annie’s egg salad sandwiches are worth the price of admission. Thanks to Dave, Annie and the entire XP crew. Carey and Reyno had a FANTASTIC time.