[RC] knee pain - Naomi Preston

I developed severe knee pain and swelling after the Death Valley ride one year, and my orthopedist treated my knee and sent me to physical therapy.  When my left knee was back to normal, I was bucking bales in the barn and my left leg completely gave out on me, and I fell down.  When I returned to the doc he discovered it was actually my hip that was the issue -- and my knee was just compensating.  Turns out I had a tear in the labrum of the hip socket joint.  Arthroscopic surgery fixed it, and with physical therapy I got my leg strength back.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Cheryl!!  And thanks,  Bruce,  for the insight.

Naomi