RE: [RC] vaccinations - Mary Sutliff

I have had a horse who had a severe reaction to the West Nile vaccine.  This was the original 2 shot vaccine.  He no longer gets the West Nile shot.  He will just have to take his chances.  We almost lost him & I won't run that risk again.  He is ok with tetanus.  We also give no combination vaccines and often space the shots a couple of weeks apart.  Also we only vaccinate for things that will kill them.  I don't board but we do attend numerous group events.
Mary S.
Arlington, Wa.

To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] vaccinations
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:51:32 -0400
From: normanjudyv@xxxxxxx

Does anyone have any information about horses that are allergic to vaccinations. My neighbor recently accquired a nice Arab mare, the former owner said the mare became very sick after getting shots. Our young new vet said she should get them anyway, West Nile & rabies. Any advice out there. Judy

Get quick access to your favorite MSN content with Internet Explorer 8. Download FREE now!