Re: Subject: RE: [RC] Rehydrating your horse's skin and coat - Kathy Mayeda

The only problem with the study is that it isn't my experience.  My
horse does not stop to drink water for the 1st 25 miles of an
endurance ride and he sometimes gets into deficit.  No matter how much
cajoling and shoving water into his mouth with a scoop he sometimes
refused to drink.

But he could still be pretty hydrated and not do well with skin
tenting, especially on a hot dry day, so that part I believe.  That's
why I thought the aloe vera could soften his overall skin texture.

Sooooo Karen - I never heard the thin skinned horses being the best
for endurance.  Does that have something to do with heat transference?

K.