[RC] hissy FITS - Lynn White

Florida Endurance wrote:

"An away vet check was held at the Tidewater trail head in the Goethe State
Forrest.  When pit crew arrived, a volunteer yelled and got down right nasty
with anyone that parked on the left side of the road stating "the Forrestry
Department said you cant park there".  This is untrue, three weeks prior not
only did we park there, we camped there."

One may have been able to camp there, but the actual RM permit  might have had
language regarding parking.   In addition, the forest ranger probably didn't
know the actual language in the RM's permit because it's likely the permit was
approved by someone else.  The right hand doesn't necessarily know what the
left hand is doing when if comes to Federal Land permits.  One just don't know,
and it does not serve anybody to call someone a liar.  Just follow the golden
rule.  RM or volunteers don't have the time or desire to just go out and hassle
riders/crew.

Personally, I don't mind the AREC/FEI rides because I know what to expect.  I'm
not particularly fond of Stewards yelling at me or FEI crews hogging all the
available natural shade.  But if I let the few jerks in this sport rent space
in my head I would not go to very many rides. Endruance riding to me is all
about overcoming adversity, so bring it on.

But I would never recommend one of these AREC/FEI rides to a first time rider
or volunteer.  Not in a million years!

Lynn

"Our enemies should know: we will never apologize for being free men."

-Geert Wilders