[RC] riding shoes for difficult feet - Lynn White

I have the same "conformational" problem but not as bad as you.  I have yet to
find a woman's shoe that actually fits my fat feet. I've been wearing men's
shoes for just about everything except formal occasions. I avoid formal
occasions because of the shoe issue.

Here are my recommendations:  Try bicycling shoes, the ones without the peddle
cleats.  The soles are stiff, and you can probably get them in men's sizing. I
would never ride a horse in these shoes without a stirrup cage though:  They
are kind of "sticky".   I used to wear my bicycling shoes everywhere because
they were so darn comfortatable.  Another option is rock climbing shoes.  You
can get either the "friction" shoe or the "edge" shoes.  The edge shoes have
the stiff sole.  Rock climbing shoes come up over your ankle and provide some
ankle support.  Tell the salesmen what you need and perhaps they can help you.
These people want your feet to be comfortable. They'd probably get a kick out
of what you want the shoe for.

The third thing you can do is contact the White boot company In Spokane and
just have them make you a pair of custom riding shoes.  Look at spending over
$250 if you go this route.  But you will get a high quality product fit for
you.  White boots will rebuild your shoes for half of what they would cost
new...and you will get a pair of shoes/boots back that look brand new.   My
husband just got his "rebuilt" boots back (three pair) and they look like they
came off the shelf.  If you decide to have Whites build you a shoe do it NOW
and don't wait for fire season!  They get kind of back logged in July.  I think
they have a website.

What I find funny is that riders will go an Oddyssey  and spend thoussands of
dollars to find the perfect fitting saddle and then buy badly fitting shoes. If
your feet hurt and you ride poorly because of it no custom saddle is gonna make
up for your unbalanced seat.

Lynn

"Our enemies should know: we will never apologize for being free men."

-Geert Wilders