[RC] Sheepskin Girth Covers - April

Hi, Ridecampers,

I have sheepskin wool covers for my horse's girth. I used Mohair girths for awhile, but started to see some problems, so put the girth covers on. They worked great and they were very nice...until I washed them a couple times. Tthe wool is still very nice and soft, but the sheepskin part is much harder and I'm afraid I'll start to see issues on the longer rides again. Before I ditch these and go buy Woolback ones, is there a trick to keeping the sheepskin soft and pliable??

I washed the covers in my washing machine using?Leather Therapy Leather Laundry Solution that says it's specifically for sheepskin products. I've also used Eqyss Blanket Wash. Air dry.

Thanks,
April
Nashville, TN

--
"Winners never stop short." -- Cardio Coach Sean O'Malley