[RC] There is no shortage of good horses (was: Grey Horses) - kathy swigart

Ed Hauser said:

I have owned good horses that were paint (registered,
?but actually sorrel), buckskin, grey, chestnut, and
?grey along with bay. They were all good horses and
?did their jobs.
?
Since, as evidenced from the statement above, good horses come in all colors,
there is no reason NOT to select a good horse in a color that you like and pass
up those in a color that you don't like. _I_ have owned horses only that were
bay or that were chestnut.? They were all good horses and did their jobs.
?
If my definition of a good horse were Lipizzaner, then finding a non-grey one
might be a challenge.? But if I don't limit myself to Lipizzaners but rather am
willing to consider the entire horse population (or if I had a preference were
Thoroughbred, which I do, where greys are the exception rather than the rule),
there is no shortage of non-grey horses, and I am sure I can find a good one
among them.
?
And then I can have a good one that I like looking at and that isn't too much
trouble to keep that way.
?
Incidentally, I also happen to have a preference for the color green, and, if I
bought it myself, for myself, all my feed and water buckets are green.? Since
green buckets are equally as functional as buckets of other colors, and bucket
makers make green buckets...I am not limiting myself in any way by choosing to
buy only green buckets.?
?
Although I confess, that my preference for the color green does not extend to
horses.? If it did, I might have a preference for grey horses after all, since
green is one of the colors greys have a tendency to become if they decide to
roll in their manure (as all horses are wont to do).
?
I have had to pass up a lot of what I consider to be good horses (I don't have
the resources to own all the good horses out there).? If I pass up on some of
them because they are grey, so what?? I still have good horses.? I have not
limited myself in any meaningful way by choosing not to own horses in a color
that I don't like.?
?
kat
Orange County, Calif.