[RC] Convention Rooms - k s swigart

Conne Caudill said:

 If at all possible reserve a room and stay in the
 block of rooms reserved for AERC at the Silver
Legacy. AERC has a contract to fill a certain
amount of rooms at the Silver Legacy and by
filling them make it possible for us to hold our
convention in facilities as great as this hotel has
to offer. This contract provides us with all sorts
of meeting rooms, ballrooms and more but in
return we will need to fill up our block of rooms.
We know that there are other places less expensive
and we know you may find better rates by not
booking with the AERC block of rooms but you
need to know, that we need your support so book
your rooms though the AERC convention block in
order to put on the best possible convention now
and in the future.

If the AERC is trying to make up the cost of providing the convention
facilities by having the hotel charge higher rates to the people who
attend the convention and book rooms at from the AERC "block," then
maybe it should start charging more for the convention itself so that
ALL the convention attendees can pay for the use of the meeting rooms
instead of just those that decide to pay extra for their hotel room.

Of course, the people who stay at the Silver Nuggest have an added
convenience over those that stay at, say, Circus Circus.  Or if the AERC
rooms are bigger (and you care about that...which I don't) for the
higher rate, then those people should also pay more. But if you can get
a better price for the same room at the same hotel by not booking
through the "AERC room rate" then you would be a fool not to do so.
Because otherwise, you are underwriting somebody else's convention
attendance.

The AERC and the Silver Nuggest need to take this into consideration
before they try to stiff the people who are dumb enough to reserve a
room at a higher room rate just because they say they are attending the
AERC convention.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)