[RC] Support of our Convention - Marinera

I chaired the AERC Convention in the mid-70s at the Nugget Hotel twice before the days when we had a paid office staff.  At that time I recall being told, and my memory is fuzzy but I think it was by a Nugget staff person, that we were not a hard drinking, heavy gambling group.  That is where Reno and Las Vegas hotels make their money.  For that reason, it made it difficult to book the hotel very far in advance. They just figured they could do better with a different group.  Of course, at that time we were a much smaller organization and we did not have a trade show.  Julie Suhr

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)