[RC] Cure for wood chewing - Electric Fence! - Evelyn Allen

After years of trying everything under the sun, this year we finally gave in and have put electric fence along all our wood fencing (not for chewing, but to keep a jumper in).  We will be replacing all our wood fencing this summer with Electrobraid, which is a thick electric braid that is alot safer to use than the standard electric fencing.  We have a mare, who is presently at a retirement home, that could eat the side of a barn off in a day or two (up went the metal siding).  She was unbelievable!  Didn't matter what she was fed, turned out 24/7, ridden til you'd think she would be too tired to chew...nothing stopped that mare.  We have tired of constantly replacing rails and posts that for the most part the neighbours' horses have eaten and busted through (thank goodness our present horses are not chewers) - so let them eat electric fence now.  Good luck to them.

--
Evelyn Allen

"The soul is like a pair of winged horses and a charioteer joined in natural union"
           - Plato