[RC] Ride Entry Fees - Tx Trigger

If the management states in writing, ahead of time, the entry and refund policy, then it gives the riders the choice of what ride they want to do. No surprises.  Problems seem to arise when promises are made through phone calls etc. because the ride entry does not have the information spelled out.

Terry Wooley Howe pots on a wonderful ride in CA each year. Warner Springs entries go out, and within about 2-3 days, her limit is filled. Those who want to ride, get an entry in quickly, as it is a very popular ride. She allows just so many extra entries on a waiting list, to allow for those who cancel. Entry states if the rider cancels 2 days or before the ride, they get a full refund. If they just don't show up, or cancel after that, no refund.

As long as management spells things out on the entry, then I have the choice if I want to attend or not.  If it is not spelled out, I think from now on, I'd email, and then save what ever response I was given as to policy as written documentation.

And on Multi Day rides, most 5 day rides, I'd say many riders take 2 horses. But my trailer can hold 3, and if I hauled a long ways, I'd consider taking 3 along...just in case.
Jonni