From: idighorses@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] treeless saddles and low heel/high heel syndrome - help!
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:45:26 -0700

I would love some opinions please.  My Arab mare has low heel/high heel syndrome in the front which has created asymmetry in her shoulders.  So my current saddle doesn't fit perfectly and causes a dry spot behind her withers on one side and even though she's a gray, you can still see a patch of white hair.  Her back doesn't appear sore, she seems very willing and forward, and she completed her first season last year of limited distance rides (about six) without any problems.  But I feel it's just a matter of time before I'll have some issues especially if I move up to 50's.  Also, she only wants me posting on one diagonal.  So my question is; would a treeless saddle be better?  I have an excellent farrier (seriously probably the best in northern Ca) and I'm going to start body work.  I take dressage lessons and try to ride as balanced as possible, and I'm light.  So what else can I do?  Everything else about her is wonderful.  I'm thinking of going to convention and buying a Freeform....
Thanks, Janet