RE: [RC] ride managers, riders and AERC - Nancy Mitts

And what about vets and farriers? You think they'll keep providing services if they get stiffed? Well, I suppose they might--at correspondingly inflated prices--to everyone to cover the losses. It's the only way they can afford to be there.
I guess it's the attitude, so what if someone loses money, not our problem, that's really bugging me.
Nancy Mitts

To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] ride managers, riders and AERC
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:28:03 -0500
From: enduroride@xxxxxxx

Nancy,
You are correct in your thinking that if the ride fees are not paid, the rider was not "properly entered in the ride". The ride manager can call and update the office on that information and the rider will lose the miles and points for that particular ride since he was not entered properly. You must first write or call the rider and make them aware of the situation and give them a chance to make it right. Of course the rider may protest the RM decision. The ride manager can not take the points away if the rider had not paid a vendor properly as that is an independent contact between the rider and vendor and the ride manager is not involved.  Connie Caudill