RE: [RC] [RC] FEI WEG 2010 - Sheila A. Walsh

Letting animals loose is a PETA trademark.  They don’t’ care that domestic animals rely on their owners for safety and comfort.  My son was a 5 time Market Hog class participant in 4H and every county fair the parents had to take shifts to keep the PETA people from getting at the animals and the kids.  We were pleasant but firm with them.

No hour of life is wasted, spent in the saddle.  "Churchill"

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:49 PM
To: sherman
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] FEI WEG 2010

First and foremost, please go to a PETA meeting or two or three, BEFORE making a blanket statement to 'INVITE PETA' to any event involving LIVE animals.

I can not stress the importance of 'knowing' the mission, bylaws, and tactics of any agency involved in the handling of live animals.  As having been witnessed the aftermath of PETA's "acting in the rights of the animals" tactics.  One would be well advised to exercise extreme caution.

Situation #1:

Class A Dog Show

PETA members opening up random dog crates and letting the dogs LOOSE!  Mass confusion, injury and death did in fact occur!

Situation #2:

PETA Rescue

PETA rescuing dogs from shelters only to have said dogs found DEAD in dumpsters behind a PETA office.

Situation #3:  ( I was not witness to this situation)

Research Laboratories

PETA members discovered letting animals out of their cages/crates into the main population sector.  Many of these lab animals were unable to fend or care for themselves.  Many had experimental drugs injected into them.  Loss of animals, medical technology, etc., was incalcuable.

No matter what the situation, or how well meaning the intention, there is no situation or positioin that can justify the loss of human or animal life due to reckless and irresponsible abandonment.

Now, can one imagine what could happen at an Endurance Ride should PETA come in and let horses loose?

D'Arcy