RE: [RC] Renegade boot preliminary review - Lori Bertolucci

Ranelle, I'm not Karen, but maybe I can tell you a bit about the Renegades.
They are made to where you can easily change  out the liner of the heel capivator. It is made with an extremely soft and smooth neoprene, that allows dirt and sand to fall right thru. The heel captivator is made of a very durable rubber, and so far, I haven't had any problems with mine tearing or rubbing. And the captivator isn't a strap, but a thick rubber webbing, so to speak.
The difference I can see, having used both the Epics and the Renegades is in the gaitor of the Epic. You have to be very careful putting it on, as it will tear if you tug on it trying to get the boot on. With the Renegade, there isn't a gaitor, everything opens up for easy placement and removal. The EB gaitor completely encapsulates the heel and fetlock, the Rengade doesn't.
If you have a horse, as I did, that is very sensitive to things around his pasterns and fetlocks, the Renegade may be just the answer....
There are many differences in the boots, but that was what you asked about, so what I am addressing.
I, personally, could not get the Epic to work for my horse, but, obviously, a lot of people have been able to. It mainly depends on you and your horse...

Lori

Ranelle Rubin <raneller@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Beth,

I don't use any boots, except Easy Boots for a "flat tire"..so this is just an observation.

The Renegades have a built in liner on the strap that goes around the pastern, and in all the pictures on their site, none of the horses have gaiters of any kind.

I do have concerns about how long these last compared to Easy Boots..anyone know??? The density of the rubber would likely be key here. Karen Chaton, care to comment???

I was offered to be a test rider for a local company who distributes the Cavallo boots under their name. I declined after seeing the design going over the coronet band. It just looked like trouble waiting for a place to happen. They also feel very bulky.

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx