[RC] low heel/wedge - Bagwell, Theresa

I have been competing a horse for 5 years now (gosh where does the time go?) that came to me with high/low and we did do wedges and it too did more harm than good for him.  I went through several farriers some as much as $200.00 every 4 weeks to "build" him a fake heel with vettec foal extensions and nothing we did ever helped that foot grow properly.  I used to have to have the RF shod every two weeks and the LF every 4 to try to keep the angles close.  He would always have red bruised areas in the quarters of his hoof midway up after a 50 mile ride.  He had to have 2 surgeries to remove a cantaloupe sized tumor in late 06 and early 07 and durning this time I decided to try barefoot to see if it indeed would help his hoof problems.  We returned to competition in late 07 barefoot and he is 100% sound, his recoveries are phenomenal and his hooves are almost the same size and shape now.  The LF still has a slightly steeper angle, but nothing like it was and the heels on the the RF quit running under.  It is amazing you can see the tubules are actually growing vertically now instead of horizontal like before.  I am extremely please with the results we are seeing in his hoof form, but also in the improved recoveries, lack of stumbling and improved stride too!!

Theresa and Seyvilla DeBerry

<<From: Lauren Horn <4horn4@xxxxxxx>

Subject: [RC] Low Heel & wedge pad

I would like to know how many of you are competing horses with mis-

matched feet (one higher heel, one lower heel) and how many use a

small wedge pad to lift the lower heel up?

Thanks,

Lauren

Theresa Bagwell
Accounting

Tel: (864)679-3046
Fax: (864)271-0555
E-mail: TheresaBagwell@xxxxxxx
WWW.TPM.COM

1003 Laurens Road
Greenville, SC 29607

Confidentiality Statement: All information in this Communication, including attachments, is strictly confidential and intended solely for delivery to and authorized use by the addressee(s) identified above and may contain privileged, confidential, proprietary and/or trade secret information entitled to protection and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please take notice that any use, distribution or copying of this Communication, and/or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon it, is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you have received this Communication in error, please notify the sender and delete this Communication from your computer.