[RC] where is selenium high/low? - Marlene Moss

Does anyone know of a map that shows areas where selenium is high or low?  I remember hearing something about selenium levels in our area, but can’t remember which way.  We’re in southeastern Colorado, near Wet Mountains, getting hay from Westcliffe, Salida and Pueblo.

On a related note, could low selenium cause a 2 year old filly to want to eat every horse tail in sight?  This filly ate about 3 feet of tail off of 3 horses in less than a week. So I’m worried about all the hair in her system, as well as what she might be missing?  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Marlene

Marlene Moss

www.LosPinos-CO.com - Boarding, Sales and More