From: Karen Sullivan <greymare56@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Feb 7, 2008 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Empower and XTN
To: Mike Lewis <mikelewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well, one thought....if you have to feed Empower to keep weight on this horse, it would probably
be cheaper in the long run to buy another horse <g> Isn't Empower about $40 a 50 lb bag?  It has high fat content, seems you could buy another source of fat cheaper....I can buy a 50 lb bag of rice bran pellets for $9, and get jugs of corn oil at the cheap outlet store....

I am working on getting weight on a young Foxtrotter who needs muscle and fat; he is also getting regular exercise to build muscle...which also burns calories...he gets, of course, free choice hay, and two pretty big mashes morning and night with soaked beet pulp pellets, and a variety of what ever bagged feed I get a good deal on, plus rice bran pellets and corn oil.....he is looking a lot better and gaining weight, muscling up nicely and energy out the door!  What will really help in the next month or so is some nice green pasture.....
Karen