Re: [RC] Storms in South - Chris A

wow, prayers going up for all concerned. Scary. Even to a Kansan it's scary!

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:

To make today's southeast weather news more interesting for you guys....

The tornadoes that caused the deaths in Alabama were about 5 miles from
Jody Buttram's house. Maybe she'll give details tomorrow. She's sitting
dead center on tornado alley...they even have a road marker near the
Bankhead forest to commemorate where a historic F-5 went through years
ago. Jody has a bunker under her home modeled after a super nice house
she'd always admired. That house disappeared last night, but the bunker
saved them. Good thing it didn't hit her barn. I'm sure the stupid mule
would have survived and that's what she'd have been stuck with.

The storms in Jackson, Tennessee were about 5 miles from Marie Threadgill
and my nephew (whose sister Ashley competed down here) was in the bottom
of that dorm that blew away at Union University. His dorm room, which was
upstairs was gone after the tornado.

It was absolutely crazy here this morning since it all hit right at time
for the kids to arrive at school. We had parents abandoning their cars in
the drop off line and ending up huddling in the principal's office
watching the weather channel till it was over. My classroom is a portable
and no way I was taking kids up to the "trailer park". I left my horses
put up all day and this afternoon it was bright and sunny and it took
leadropes to get them to leave the barn. They had decided they would just
stay in there!

This afternoon's storms looked like they were headed for Wesley Crowe's
Million Pines ride location...