[RC] Re: [RC] [Consider This] Chloride – The Neglected Electrolyte - Sisu West Ranch

Makes sense to me.  It is congruent with admonitions not to use electrolytes that contain bicarbonite.  The problem is it is impossible to supplement chloride ions without also supplimenting cat ions at the same time.  Choices here are rather limited: Na, K, Ca, Mg, or H.  Now we can't feed H because this is HCl (hydrochloric acid) and would be bad for the stomach.  CaCl2 is quite hygroscopic and would make a mess of the powdered electrolytes.  I can't remember about MgCl2, but I'd bet that feeding bunches of that is rather of a problem also.

We also learned last week that feeding to much NaCl or KCl is also bad.

I guess I don't see anything here that would guide me in proper race day practices.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875