Re: [RC] popping hocks - Don Huston

Hello Marlene,
My Arab is 11, does slow 50's in boots and barefoot the rest of the time. Six months ago I started hearing popping noises as I led him from the pen and when I asked him to lift his rear hooves for cleaning. I never heard anything during or after the horse was ridden. Years ago I had fed him fresh ground flax so 2 months ago I bought a 50lb bag of flax and started grinding and feeding a cup a day in his sweet feed. The popping has been getting less and yesterday I paid close attention and heard no popping at any time. It might not be the flax but that is the only thing different in a long time.
Don Huston