Re: [RC] Saying goodbye - was carcass removal - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Oh good grief people, maybe we should go back to arguing over something....this is just horribly sad.

I had my dearest and bestest (yes, it is a word in my world) friend come to the same end.  It was September 11, 2000.  Yes, a year before the "other" 9/11.  He had broken his hip also, and so at age 26, after 5000+ endurance miles and sharing my childhood years growing up with him, he had to be put down.  He is buried in the back yard, and has a real tombstone that my mother purchased.  On it is says:

      Petit Jets Shadow
           (Booy)
May 14, 1974-Sept. 11, 2000
Miles I've gone and now I sleep

Then a little over a year ago, I had to put down my second endurance horse.  He is buried in the backyard right next to Booy.  Darget was 25 and had cancer.  So, when the decision was made, I fed him his favorite treats, apples, carrots and alfalfa...until he was put down.
He didn't get a bought tombstone, but Angie McGhee made Darget one.

Now, can we argue again?????

Jody