RE: [RC] Calcium:Phosphorus - Terry Banister

Good point. Rice bran was not being used then. So rice bran could be used instead of the Purina High Phos or Purina 6:12 he mentions. If not feeding alfalfa hay, beet pulp is pretty high in calcium, and could balance the phosphorus in the rice bran. That's what I do. Giving some alfalfa hay on ride weekend would be additional insurance.

Also, fats (rice bran) should be eliminated at least 72 hours prior to competition because it is harder to digest/process, and it does something about slowing water absorbtion.
Kat, can you elaborate?

Terry