RE: [RC] Dealing with the over supply - Terry Banister

If incentives are removed, control "happens." Remember the Arabian glut on the market in the 1980's? When the tax incentive for breeding was removed, the production of Arabs fell dramatically.

    "People will stop producing horses ("overbreeding") when it becomes too expensive to feed them, not when it becomes too expensive to kill them humanely."

Well, those are both happening.

Terry