[RC] RC] Desperate Times for Horse Owners and for Horses - Kara Henry - MaryBDVM

Hello Kara,

Your email brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad you decided to do what you did.  I chose to do about same thing.  My old guy was accustomed to traveling in his younger endurance days but when the day finally came, when he was 35, unstable on his feet, so I didn't want to trailer him anywhere.  He passed with his old pasture mate near him (whom he had just tried to breed a few minutes prior- she was such a patient old girl and gently put up with his antics.)  I like to think he really did go out with a smile on his face.  He's buried just outside my office window.  The fun part about his story is that another pasture mate gave birth to his son, essentially a clone,  8 months later.  He had not been able to sire a foal for close to 9 years so his pasture mates were often mares.  This was a totally unexpected gift.  Almost named the colt (who will have a life-time home) "Last Hurrah".  Best wishes to all.
Mary B.
Morrow, OH where the temp is OK but the iciness prevents riding.