[RC] working gloves for Pam - thmeyer

My favorite hand gear for really cold weather is rag wool mittens with leather palms. They aren't the easiest things to find, but are much warmer than any glove. You can work with hoses & faucets, drive, and do lots of things including ride with these. I'm not a big fan of gloves, unless the weather is wimpy. With the mittens you can add polypropylene glove liners inside. Used to have two pairs of polypropylene ones with little dots on them from Australian Connection years ago, that I wore under the mittens when bitterly cold, and this was the most awesome combo.
As for the body, full-body insulated Carhartts big enough to get layers underneath for chores or winter riding. Wool scarf, good hat, Sorrels and you are set for MN chores.

Theresa in MN

http://toolbar.Care2.com Make your computer carbon-neutral (free).

http://www.Care2.com Green Living, Human Rights and more - 8 million members!