From: Cindy Collins <c_collins@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] death is part of "life"
To: "Ridecamp Ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 1:13 PM

Personally, I think if you are too fragile to have a discussion about the death
and disposal of your animals, then you have no business owning them.

Some of you may know Dr. Matthew Mackay Smith, endurance rider and medical
editor of Equus.  Matthew once said, "There are worse things in life for a
horse than death."  I agree with him 100% on this.  Also, along with every
vet I know, I am horrified by the banning of horse slaughter and the expected,
unintended consequences to horses.  There are fates WAY more inhumane than the
slaughter house and that's what we're seeing now.

AND, before you think differently, my endurance horses are buried in our back
yard, as are our dogs.  Cindy