From: Amber Roberts <Amber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] Supplement info requested
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 4:55 PM

I'm debating about changing our horses over to an herbal supplement rather than what I've been using that contains grains and by-products.  I've copied the ingredient list of the product I'm considering and wonder if anyone has an opinion about using such a product.  My boarders are trail riders, not endurance riders.

This herbal combination contains:

  • Catnip to maintain the nerves
  • Dandelion for support of the liver and kidneys
  • Garlic to maintain a healthy immune system
  • golden seal for it’s extremely beneficial immune system supporting role
  • hawthorn for its circulatory system support, including the heart and veins
  • kelp to maintain the mineral & digestive balance
  • licorice as a catalyst for the other herbs
  • marshmallow to support the respiratory and urinary systems
  • Oregon grape for the support of the liver
  • psyllium to maintain the consistency in the bowel
  • slippery elm as a maintenance for the digestive system
  • uva ursi to support the urinary system
  • yarrow to maintain the natural integrity of the inner vessel
I'd appreciate any information to help me make my decision.  Thanks!
Amber