[RC] DVE extracurricular - Melinda Faubel

OK everyone -

I have some family members that would like to come along to the Death Valley ride.  I am riding, they are not.  This is actually a very good thing since they will be bringing their RV and I will have a very dry and warm place to sleep (no camping in the back of the trailer at this ride!).  However, after looking at the map and discovering that the Death Valley ride is not actually in the Death Valley park, they are wondering where they can go and what they can see.  Does anyone have any ideas?  My family loves the desert and has enjoyed other trips into death valley so their purpose in coming was to explore more of the area.  Hiking opportunities, historical landsites, impressive natural wonders etc.  I think driving out of camp for 30-40 minutes would be acceptable to them.  Can anyone please e-mail privately if you have any ideas?  My family is fairly active so hiking, walking around is good.

Thanks!

Melinda (who is worried that now DVE is not actually IN Death Valley that her warm bed is going to go floating away.... *sigh*)