Re: [RC] Desperate Times for Horse Owners and for Horses - Karen Everhart

As the founder of a rescue, hearing that any "mostly healthy" horse is being thrown away just makes my skin crawl.  When was it that we became a society which thinks so little of other living creatures. Creatures which share the same "spark of life" that we all have.

BUT, that being said, if one has TRULY exhausted all options (which in my experience seldom happens), then humane euthanasia (which does not include shooting the horse in the wilderness or out in the back 40) is certainly a consideration.

Karen Everhart MEd
Co-founder and Executive Director
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
Serving the equine companions who have so loyally served us...
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com
620-725-3402

Owner/Operator Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com
316-648-5082