Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:26 PM
Subject: [RC] Dog training and horses

Hi Everyone,

We rescued a beautiful dog this year, she is part Rottweiler and part Border Collie. She is about eight months and we have introduced her to the horses. I really want to take her out on the trail with me. Does anyone have training techniques that they use with their dog and horses together. IE getting them to heel on one side of the horse or the other, keeping them within a certain distance as you ride. We've ridden with my sisters dogs and they naturally heel around us as we ride, but sometimes they do get underfoot.

Sherri