Re: [RC] ASSUME BITES MEANS BITES - SandyDSA

In a message dated 1/30/2008 10:35:19 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, idighorses@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
How hard is it getting a horse suitable for endurance - eats, drinks, stays sound....?  One that's somewhat comfortable for the long distance?  Conditioned?  And now that horse shouldn't be allowed at rides because it bit someone that was warned?  Unless this horse has a history of injuring people at rides,
hmmm it takes a lot of time - and money - so what brainiac WASTES all that on an attack mount?  You know what? If my daughter gets into  a wreck and was drinking and loses her license and/or car - well, the car costs a lot to buy, maintain - guess what? She is just SOL. Her own fault, her own choice. Riding a horse, owning  a horse, is a PRIVILEGE, and one best treated with respect - for everyone who does. But respect must be earned. This rider/horse combo did not earn that. Just because someone pays a lot of money and spends a lot of time with a horse does not give them the right to put others in harm's way. Maybe everyone with a biter would like to start a list of those horses and where you plan to ride so we all know. A photo would be helpful too:)

I do find it interesting - moderately so - that the actual owner of Bint Busy Mouth has not piped up, nor has anyone who was there stood up in her defense.

 oh BTW, my horses ALL bite - food, each other, their blankets.....sometimes my wheelbarrow. They don't bite people. Bite does not mean bites people. Sure does not mean lunging OUT of his or her own space to attack a person.

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com