[RC] Knee Surgery FollowUp - Human - Val Nicoson

Thought all would like to know the follow up on my knee surgery that I posted about at the first part of the year.  Had the surgery yesterday by a very good Sports Medicine Orthopedic Surgeon at Washington Univ in St Louis.  Thanks for all the public/private replies to seek a Sports Medicine ortho doc.  The doc repaired the 2 areas that showed on the MRI and also repaired a 3rd area he found while in there.  I believe one to be a horizontal tear and another a vertical tear...who knows about the third area.  I will get a chance to see the views at my followup visit with the doctor on the 8th.

They sent me home with a Polar Care Cooler and knee wrap connected with tubes.  I have a bulb I hand pump to put fresh cold water in the wrap and it was a return tube for the warmer water to return to the cooler.

They also sent me home with an Exercise Sheet to do Quad Tightening, Straight Leg Raises (from back, on side, on stomach), and Toe Raises too.  I'm to start doing these exercises today, the day after surgery.

I'm in little to no pain and am able to hobble about the house as well.  Mike, my husband, wants me to rest/elevate the leg through tomorrow before beginning the exercises, but I will start today as instructed...as long as there is little to no pain I don't see why I should delay.

I am also to start PT with 3-6 visits for a home program :-)

How much is too much...or should I let pain be the guide?

Val