Re: [RC] biting horse - sanctions - Beth Walker

OK -- thanks for the correction, because that really was the way I took the post. I think I was responding to the "don't count on that kind of guts from everyone" phrase. After re-reading the post, that was specifically directed to an immediate DQ, but I took it as lack of support for informal followups as well. My mistake, and I apologize.

I agree that the first step should be to contact Ride Management, then go to the regional director. Also -- I checked the new rules -- this stuff has to be done in a timely fashion, because there is a 30 day time limit on filing a protest if all pertinent information is available at the time of the ride. I saw longer times for certain circumstances, but that is the primary cutoff time. That means that you can't just contact Ride Management or the regional director, and let things go on unresolved for a couple of months, then file a protest.

As for your last comment -- I wonder how many people read completely through the rules when they become members? Then - how many remember what they read 3 months later? Breaking down the rules into short articles in EN might help the situation a bit.

Also - not everyone is blessed with a decisive personality (just ask me - I can dither with the best of them). I can understand cases where it takes a person a bit of time to sort through all their feelings and come to a decision. Sometimes, that is after the ride is over. Again -- some helpful advice in EN might be of benefit.