*From:* ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Sisu West Ranch
*Sent:* Monday, January 28, 2008 12:07 PM
*To:* 'Ridecamp'
*Subject:* Re: [RC] Biting Horse at Ride

**"..**What if you took the story below and replaced the word “horse” with the word “dog” ..."

Equids can be just as dangerous as dogs. A couple of years a woman I know went into a pasture to treat a horse she was helping for a friend. She had been warned that a particular mule in the pasture might bite. She apparently assumed this meant just don't try to pet the mule and not "don't turn your back". Anyway, while she bent over to treat the horse the mule came up behind, bit, held tight and tossed her across the pasture. She was laid up for quite awhile.

Ed

**Ed & Wendy Hauser***
**2994 Mittower Road**
**Victor, MT 59875***

**(406) 642-9640**

**ranch(at)sisuwest(dot)us**

--

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.” Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil