Re: [RC] [RC] BIting Horse at Ride - Genevieve

I agree that it was partially the OPs fault for not being totally aware after the owner warned her but I think the major thing you forgot to address is that the owner of the biting mare did nothing to reprimand the mare. This is probably a good indication that the owner also does nothing to fix the biting issue at home or anywhere else for that matter. That alone is good reason to disallow that horse from returning to rides until the owner takes action to improve the horse's behavior.

Yes, all horses can be dangerous but most horses just don't lunge at people because they feel like it. There are many natural behaviors in horses that we train out of them because they're just not acceptable for social situations. The OP probably wasn't expecting to meet a horse that was allowed to attend an event with such bad manners because it's just not something that most people would deem appropriate or safe. I know wouldn't expect such a thing either.

Any horse can become dangerous in certain rare situations but there's nothing anyone can do about that. It's going to happen no matter how well-behaved your horse is. However, a horse that exhibits dangerous behavior on a regular basis IS something that can be helped and should be to prevent as many incidents as possible.