[RC] Biting Horse - Vchorsegal

Wow !  I hope this lady is not raising children in this manner !  I think we have to establish boundaries for our horses and act like an alpha mare or "Mommy" mare would.  By this I mean the owner not only needs to separate and warn others of her horses' inclination to bite, but also needs to smack her with a crop in the chest or neck as the mare is lunging or showing any aggression. By allowing the mare to do this, in my opinion, she is "training " her that is is acceptable. I hope your friend is okay, I had a stallion latch onto my leg while riding with a friend side By side years ago.  I kept a good 6 feet of distance, and was riding a quiet gelding, but he waited for an opportunity and grabbed my quad muscle. The bruising lasted for months, but luckily it was mostly sore on top, so I could still ride.  Also- I think this rider with the mare could be blackballed from rides for allowing the horse to do this.  Happy Trails !  - Heidi Helly