[RC] Very important stuff you need to know in Eygpt - seamstob

I can not believe how fast the days have gone by.
Seems like I am just getting settled and it will be time tom come home.
I plan on organizing a tour for riders and non riding friends so I have been
doing some serious research.

Riding a camel at a trot
The first thing you need to check is if the camel saddle has 2 stirrups. most
have one. 2 stirrups allow you to get into a 2 point as long as you have good
thigh muscles. The camel saddle will gently paddle you on the behind if you are
in the right position.......lol
camels are very rough at the trot. It is best to walk.
My camel I rented was named Mickey Mouse.

Remember to be ready for being tossed forward when they get up and sit down.

Maryanne is a joy to visit. We have really had fun. It is cold here in Jan but
by Alberta standards it is comfortable. Cold at night but you can borrow a dog
to sleep in your bed to keep your feet warm. Buffy is well trained in the art of
being the guest house dog.
Her horses are fun to ride and deal nicely with the many distractions like
waterbuffalos, kids, cars, goats, donkeys, water pumps .......ect ect ect
I can promise my Sidney would have killed me or landed into the really nasty
water filled canal many times.
Went to Luxor to see tombs and temples. Did it in record time!!!!!AMAZING1
Booked with a business called Flats in Luxor.
I can not recommend them. Enjoyed the tour but was ripped off on the pricing.
Ended up costing double. The guide was great but he is a freelance guide and can
be hired at much less. Went there and tested the waters.

I have found the people here to be wonderful. I have made friends, love the
children who call to us as we ride. Not once have I felt unsafe or uncomfortable
even riding the road trucks, boat or cabs.
The farm animals all seem to be well cared for. The only abuse and neglect I see
is the pyramid and carriage horses.This is an industry fed by tourists and as
long as tourists are willing to pay to ride 2 year old starved, sore and beaten
horses then it will continue to be a problem.
Your heart would break if you saw them. One little grey has her tongue have cut
off and the major part of the tongue is hanging out the side of her mouth dead.
I am working on having her mouth worked on by the local vet . I am willing to
pay or buy the horse. It is hard to do anything like this here. The owner is not
being very co operative. I at least know I am trying my best.
Paddi

Paddi