[RC] my first horse... - sandra

I can't even remember what my first horse was, I'm sure it was some kind of broom.

I started riding in a jumper barn when i was 9, the family doctor told my parents it was not good for the growth of a kid to start riding too young!!!!

I hated him! So I had to wait until 9 before my parents allowed me to ride.

Anyhow, I'm 32 and I got my first horse, 2 years ago, my oldest dream come true!

She was 5 green broke and I love being with her, ride her, learning with her, teaching her, it's all so great and rewarding!

So I hope I can enjoy my first horse for as long as I can, i would love to have the opportunity to have my kids (if i have some one day) to ride her!

She is the type of horse that would take care of a kid, I'm almost sure.

Thanks for all your stories, and yes, I think a book would be a great idea and yes I agree not only about endurance riders but all kind of equine discipline.

Sandra