[RC] cleft palate - Alice Yovich

Carrie, what you printed was also what I found, but it was all I found, which is why I’m hoping to hear some other stories of positive outcome.  The vet says it’s just a partial cleft palate, so that prognosis may be a bit better, but obviously we won’t know for a few years.  He also said it’s not a cut and dry recessive trait issue, which is why breeding isn’t supposedly an issue. One article I read said that only .1-.2% of all horses are born with this issue.

Alice Yovich, MT-BC, LMT

NATRC Region 4, Texas

www.alicestrailridethroughlife.blogspot.com