[RC] Death Valley Encounter Ride Information - Dream Weaver

There is a considerable amount of new information for the Death Valley Encounter endurance ride including changes in basecamps and how the trail will be ridden this year.  If you are planning on attending, or know somebody that is, please refer them to the information available on this page.  I'll post a little bit of info below; please visit the website for directions to each basecamp.  Entering is easy - just submit an entry online:  http://sunriseranchrides.com/RideEntry.html   If that doesn't work, email me at:  karen at xprides.com.  Pre-entries are appreciated as it helps us to plan.  Please note that we are doing our best to keep the ride entry fees and other costs to riders as low as possible.  Hope to see you there!  Karen

Basic Ride Info:  There is plenty of room for parking rigs at every camp and some water will be available. Riders should be totally self-contained. Be prepared for any kind of weather.  Each day will have it's own unique trail
  • Entry fee: $90 per day. Dinners: $10. New Years steak dinner will be $15.
  • Lunches: Hot soups and drinks included.
  • Completion awards - all 4 days for either distance will be embroidered sweatshirts.
  • Daily awards: t-shirts, mugs with name, coasters, custom plaques, etc.
  • Drivers will be available to move rigs for approximately $30 per day.  Rigs will need to be moved on day 2 and day 4 for the 50?s.
  • It will be possible for riders to move their own rigs on days two and four by getting a ride back from the finish either before or after the ride.
  • Limited Distance riders be able to ride three out of four days without needing to hire a driver.
  • There will be no clean up fees if you are willing to clean up yourself.  However, there are people willing to clean your camp for a fee..
Day 1 Start at Goler Canyon on Garlock Road. Loop back to same camp.
Day 2 Goler Canyon to near Trona. Trailer from finish to Ballarat.
Day 3 Start at Ballarat.  Loop back to Ballarat.
Day 4 Ballarat to Valley Wells. We'll have the New Year party there in the golf course club house.