Re: [RC] Myler bit question . . . - Dot Wiggins

Another thing to check----if the curb chain/strap is too loose the lip will be pinched between the bit and the chain when the reins are tightened.   In most bits and horse's jaw shape two fingers usually works fine.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Myler bit question . . .

On Nov 25, 2008, at 12:51 PM, Kitley, Carrie E Civ USAF AFSPC 30 MDSS/SGSLF wrote:

I ended up steering away from the s-hacks and bitless bridles and
instead decided to buy a Myler Kimberwicke 41PB. I'm unsure about the
clearance that the curb chain should have. I've never used a bridle
with an actual curb 'chain' before. Advice please, from anyone who has
used these? Thanks!

Carrie Kitley

I ride in a curb bit and you should be able to slip at least one, preferably two, fingers between the curb chain and the jaw when the reins are loose.

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
ranch: http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/napha/HighPoint/