Re: [RC] Stopover Needed Between Texas & Florida in Dec. - Dawn Carrie

We stayed at the Blackwater State Forest on the way home from Goethe in 2006.  It was a great place, as it had a several acre pasture where we could turn the horses out for a half hour or so before we loaded up the next morning so that they could stretch their legs.  It was great to see Bear running and bucking after doing the 100!  You're right, though, it was a ways off the interstate.  We still might stay there on the way back, just for the nice turn out opportunities for the horses, if nothing better comes up.

Dawn