[RC] Calaminty Jane - sherman

Sounds like a fun race if I could get a shot of Pepsi instead of the hard stuff (:>), but it might be difficult finding a suitable course. I have read some other sections of the website, Whisper on the Wind, loved that, and in BREEDS, The Horses of Central Asia. It was heartbreaking to read how the horses of the Kirghiz were treated though, nearly made me cry.

Kathy

I don't know if any of you have viewed the Long Riders Guild Academic Foundations Autumn 2008 newsletter or not but if you go to Astonishing Rides, Rescues and Races and read the story about Calaminity Janes Race and want to participate in a recreation i think its something i could still do at my advanced age.  There are other stories there about things all hosemen could enjoy reading if you like history or just enjoy a good read.

Meanwhile, here is the link to the opening page of the Newsletter - http://www.lrgaf.org/newsletter.htm

Let me know if there is any takers on Calaminity Janes Race.  :<)) ts